The Real End of the World — Part 1
While there has been much speculation about the apocalypse and what is going to happen at the end of the world, we as Christians need to know that once again God has provided the answers to these questions. The Bible tells us through its prophecies how the story ends so we have the truth.
The Most Important Thing to know — Jesus is coming back
Our Reading Acts 1:1-11
1. When is Jesus going to return? ____________________________________________________________________________
2. How does the Bible say Jesus is going to return? ___________________________________________________________________
2012 and The Mayans
The ancient Mayans who created the “Long Count Calendar” sacrificed as many as 20,000 people in a day to their gods. They also based their knowledge of the future by looking to the stars and planets.
Read Deuteronomy 18:9-11
3. What sins were the Mayans committing?__________ _______________________________________________________________
4. What does God think about these types of behaviors? ______________________________________________________________
Read Matthew 24:35-36
5. How do we know the Mayan calendar is wrong? _____________________________________________________________________
The Real End of The World – The Day of The Lord
The Day of The Lord (or the Great Tribulation) is a 7-year period when God Himself will take action to finally judge the whole planet for its sins. The sinful people who have rejected God and Jesus Christ will experience judgments, catastrophes and destruction like never seen before. The world is being judged before it will made again, this time without any sin.
Read Isaiah 2:2-3; 2:17-21
6. What is happening to people in these verses? _____________________________________________________________________
Parallel Prophecy – Revelation 6:12-17
The Signs of the end times
Read Matthew 24:1-11
7. What is the first warning Jesus gives about the end of the world? _______________________________________________________
8. What are 2 signs that Jesus gives for us to know the end is coming? ______________________________________________________
Parallel reading – Revelation 6
Notice that the “4 horsemen” are all bringing different events to Earth.
The Great Tribulation is a scary time. Many tragedies are going to take place. But we as Christians are not going to be here for it! We are going to be called up into Heaven to be with Jesus before all of this starts. This is called the Rapture.
Read Luke 21:34-36
9. Jesus said that if we are counted worthy then what happens to us?
Read 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
10. What happens at the rapture? __________________________________________________________________________________
The Real End of The World — Part 2
Read Revelation 13:1-8
1. Who gives the antichrist his power? ________________________________________________________________________________
2. How long does he rule for? _______________________________________________________________________________________
2. How many people worship Him? __________________________________________________________________________________
The Abomination of Desolation
2 Thessalonians 2:1-4
4. What will the antichrist do to reveal his true intentions and that he is truly evil?
His Partner — The False Prophet
Read Revelation 13:11-18
5. What will the False Prophet seem like to people (verse 11)?
6. How will the economy work at the end of the world? _____________________________________________________________________
Look at the article about the Verichip RFID. What does this sound like?
The End-Time Government
Read Revelation 17: 12-13
7. How many rulers will there be in the world at the end-time? _________________________________________________________
8. What will these rulers do with their power? ______________________________________________________________________
Genesis Chapter 11 — The Tower of Babel
The Second Coming — Armageddon
Armageddon is the final battle between Satan, the Antichrist and their followers against Jesus. People will have been so deceived at the end of the world that they will think Jesus is the enemy and want to fight Him at His Coming. It will take place in the Valley of Megiddo in Israel.
Read Revelation 19:13-15 and 19:19-21
9. Who wins the battle? ________________________________________________________________________________________
10. Is it close? _______________________________________________________________________________________________
11. What happens to the Antichrist and False Prophet? ________________________________________________________________
The Millennial Kingdom
Read Revelation 20:1-4
12. What happens to Satan? ______________________________________________________________________________________
13. What happens to Jesus? _______________________________________________________________________________________
A New Heaven and Earth
Read Revelation 21:1-7
14. Where does the new Holy City come from? ________________________________________________________________________
15. Where does God live at that time? ______________________________________________________________________________