“But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man [Jesus Christ] be.”
Are these days really the Last Days as described in the Bible?
In the Bible, what is known as “the last days” or “the end times” or what some call the Apocalypse are a period of the last 7 years on Earth. Jesus makes it abundantly clear that we cannot know the specific date that the end times will commence. But we can know the signs of the end times approaching. And there are plenty:
- The Moral Corruption of Society: 1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; — Does this sound like society today? Of course it does. Turn on television for a few hours and it becomes quite obvious. Once again we see the culture has moved from one that revered God and strived to be righteous to modern day where sin, greed, sexual immorality and rebellion are once again celebrated.
- Increased war: 6And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars. Despite all of the “progress” of society, all of our attained knowledge and technology, the last 100 years have represented the bloodiest time in the history of the Earth. Never have there have been more wars and bloodshed, despite how much more “civilized” humanity has become.
- Increased famines and natural disasters: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. Whether it be the Tsunami in Southeast Asia, the earthquakes in Chile, Haiti or Japan or numerous parts of the world where large portions of the population are starving, the amount of disasters and suffering worldwide is on the rise.
- The mistreatment and punishment of Christians will increase: 9Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name’s sake. While it does not get major media coverage, Christian persecution has skyrocketed in the last 20 years. Whether it is in nations like North Korea, Sudan, Iraq or China, many Christians are brutalized, jailed or even murdered for their faith.
- Israel shall return to its land: 34And I will bring you out from the people, and will gather you out of the countries wherein ye are scattered, with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out.”
“3That then the LORD thy God will turn thy captivity, and have compassion upon thee, and will return and gather thee from all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath scattered thee. 4If any of thine be driven out unto the outmost parts of heaven, from thence will the LORD thy God gather thee, and from thence will he fetch thee:” The Jewish diaspora is well-chronicled after Jerusalem was destroyed by the Roman Empire in 70 AD. Yet Almost 2000 years later, on May 14, 1948 the Jewish people did indeed return to their homeland as Israel declared its independence and once again became a nation. The Bible repeatedly prophesied that the Jewish people would be scattered to nations all over the world but that one day, as the end times approached, Israel would again be a nation.
These are just 5 of the signs the Bible provides, but there are many more. Beginning and End’s purpose is to show that the Bible is correctly prophesying what is taking place in our society today. We do not know when the last period of the Earth will commence, but the signs of it approaching become more and more apparent all over the world. And Jesus Christ made it clear that just as it was in the days of Noah, the same signs will take place. And most of the world will ignore the warnings and not be concerned about their spiritual state. This site is here to point the reader to God’s Word and realize, there is nothing more important than the state of your soul. Many people are starting to see where society is headed and are sharing knowledge. While this is laudable, it’s not the ultimate answer. Spiritual forces are at work and it is crucial that we all make sure that we are right with God before the days of His judgment on the world. And just like God provided the ark to protect Noah and his family from the flood, today we have salvation in Jesus Christ to make sure that we are safe from all harm.
So what is the end of all this, the destruction of the Earth? Everyone getting lost in global catastrophes? No. The End of these things is Jesus Christ ruling right here on a restored Earth. Just as things were in the beginning, so shall they will be in the end. God, in His love for all of us, has provided a way for us to be redeemed and be a part of His beloved family again, despite all of the sin and rebellion of humanity. As society becomes even more advanced and more convinced that they can “be as Gods” there will be one final attempt to unify and usurp The Lord under the leadership of a False “Messiah”. And this ultimate rebellion will be met with ultimate judgment. And this is why everyone ultimately has to choose to accept God’s free invitation of forgiveness and eternal life or take the world’s seductive offer of believing in yourself as “having it all figured out” and not worrying about God or your soul. Do not be deceived.
Heaven awaits those who believe and pass away in the interim, but once the years of judgment are complete, God is ready to make everything all over and bring this world back to its original pristine, peaceful state with humanity living in loving harmony with Him. Knowing history from start to finish, He sent His own Son to provide a way back home, to paradise as God originally intended. And the time we have between now and judgment is a sign of His patience as He waits for us to wake up and make the right decision and believe in Him. Read through the site and consider with an open mind what The Word of God is saying and what society is showing us. Yes a judgment is coming but the bigger and better news is that God is planning a true restoration of this world and rewards for those who believe in Him.
“But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.” 1 Corinthians 2:9.
“I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end..” — Jesus Christ, Revelation 22:13