In the continuing trend of Hollywood blaspheming the Christian faith, Fox Network’s animated cartoon, ‘The Family Guy’, one of the most vile, perverted television shows in history, aired an episode depicting the Lord and Savior of the world as a modern man who needs assistance finding a woman for fornication. As Beginning and End has detailed, as the world falls deeper into sinful rebellion, Christianity continues to be a target for mockery in pop culture.
According to reports:
Titled, “The 2,000-Year-Old Virgin,” it surrounds character Peter Griffin, among others, trying to help Christ lose his virginity, according to Christian Today.
“After running into Jesus at the Quahog Mall, Peter is stunned to discover that the Son of God is still a virgin,” reads the episode’s synopsis. “So, he enlists Quagmire and Cleveland to help him throw Jesus the best birthday ever by finding a way to help him become a man.”
At one point during the episode, Jesus has a specific request for Peter regarding his wife Lois, telling him that he wants to lose his virginity to her — a request that the husband agrees to in exchange for a massage chair….In the end, though, both Peter and Lois change their mind and decide against the plan after it is revealed that Jesus tricks husbands every year into allowing him to sleep with their wives.” (source).
The Bible And Blasphemy
Whom hast thou reproached and blasphemed? and against whom hast thou exalted thy voice, and lifted up thine eyes on high? even against the Holy One of Israel. – 2 Kings 19:22.
“Do I have that much contempt for Christianity? I guess maybe I do,” [MacFarlane] said. “The Big Bang has got a lot of support, live with it.”
“I do not believe in God. I’m an atheist,” he stated in a separate interview. “I consider myself a critical thinker, and it fascinates me that in the 21st century most people still believe in, as George Carlin puts it, ‘the invisible man living in the sky.’” – Seth MacFarlane (source).
Webster’s 1828 dictionary defines blasphemy as: An indignity offered to God in words, writing, or signs; impiously irreverent words or signs addressed to, or used in reference to, God; speaking evil of God; also, the act of claiming the attributes or prerogatives of deity.
One of the most egregious sins in the Bible is blaspheming The name of God:
And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him: as well the stranger, as he that is born in the land, when he blasphemeth the name of the Lord, shall be put to death. – Leviticus 24:16.
This is how seriously The Lord takes blasphemy. Mockery and disrespect towards God is one of the most powerful forces in moving the hearts and minds of people away from faith in Jesus Christ and the Bible. If God can be openly disrespected, then certainly the blasphemer has no fear or concern for the message of the Bible – that we are all guilty sinners who have willingly violated God’s law and have His wrath hanging over us. And the punishment for our sin is death and hell. Satan, the ultimate adversary of humanity, does not want people to care about the message of the Gospel or even believe in God. And pop culture entertainment provides a massive weapon for Satan to win over the hearts and mind of society. Jesus Christ described this process of spiritual corruption in the book of Luke:
And when much people were gathered together, and were come to him out of every city, he spake by a parable: A sower went out to sow his seed: and as he sowed, some fell by the way side; and it was trodden down, and the fowls of the air devoured it. And some fell upon a rock; and as soon as it was sprung up, it withered away, because it lacked moisture. And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprang up with it, and choked it. And other fell on good ground, and sprang up, and bare fruit an hundredfold. And when he had said these things, he cried, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear. And his disciples asked him, saying, What might this parable be?
And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand. Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved. – Luke 8:4-12.
Shows like Family Guy seek take any love, reverence or belief in God and discard it from your mind. And making mockery like the “2,000 year old Virgin” episode is a perfect example. This of course is not the first time that Family Guy has done this. In a prior episode entitled “I Dream of Jesus”, the show depicts Jesus as foul-mouthed pervert. Other episodes have mocked the term “born again”, shown a dog eating a crucifix and portrayed Jesus Christ as sexual predator.
Family Guy – The Most Perverted Show On Television?
In addition to its blasphemy, Family Guy on a weekly basis promotes all manner of perversion as “fun humor.” This show, which airs at 8PM and has a large child and teenage audience has featured the following:
- Bestiality – the family dog, who is able to speak, repeatedly is put in sexual situations with women. The show also depicts the dog licking the parents, children and even baby character on the show in a sexually provocative manner. In another episode the father starts a sexual relationship with a horse and is shown in bed exclaiming in pleasure from an animal.
- Pedophilia – The character Mike Herbert is an elderly man who openly expresses sexual desire to the child characters on the show often referencing drugging them and bringing them to his cellar.
- Foul Language – The characters on the show repeatedly use words such as “a–“, “douche”, “b—ch” and numerous references to the male phallus. It also uses censored (beeped) profanity on a regular basis.
- Sexual Assault – The assault and abuse of women is frequently referenced and mocked on the show. TIME Magazine referenced this an article about a high school sexual assault trial, in which the accused teens assaulted the drunk young woman in front of dozens of friends who photographed the crime to upload to their social media pages all for fun. The TIME journalist called teenagers today the “Family Guy Generation”, writing:“If rape is too common of a punch line for this generation, we shouldn’t be shocked. After all, these kids were raised on Family Guy…and the constant verbal abuse of the female characters. The series, which has become hugely popular among teen boys and young men, features more rape humor than one could tally, including one scene in which a woman is being assaulted on a beach and screams for help while another character, Aquaman, issues lame threats to the perpetrator without leaving the water. The scene ends when Aquaman gives up, saying: “Well, maybe you shouldn’t have led him on.” Maybe this was brilliant, sophisticated meta-humor in which we’re supposed to see this as a commentary on the pressure men feel to be heroes, but is that really how the show’s prime audience of young men will understand it?” (source).
- Homosexuality – the show depicts gay orgies, threesomes and reinforces MacFarlane’s strong pro-gay views. An episode about trying to “convert” someone from being gay to straight, shows a Christian camp counselor instructing the campers to beat the gay character with a bat until they are straight. (source).
The Bible says:
Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. – Galatians 5:19-21.
In this extensive list of sins notice the first 4 all deal with sexual immorality. Much of entertainment today on television is focused on those four sins, and shows like Family Guy push uncleanness and lasciviousness to the extreme. By presenting it as “cartoon”, it is written off by the media as “lighthearted humor.” What spirit is inspiring such a show?
Hollywood Celebrates Evil
And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God. – Luke 16:15.
To no surprise, Family Guy has been nominated for 13 Emmy awards, winning 5. A 2011 demographic survey found it was the most popular show on television for men aged 18-34 and the third most popular among all people aged 12-34 (source). MacFarlane signed a $100M contract with “conservative” network Fox for his show (in addition to his other show ‘American Dad’ which also airs on Fox). Once you are willing to directly attack the Christian faith, rewards of the world often follow.
Tune Out Family Guy
Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God. – James 4:4.
It goes without saying that no Christian should be watching such a vile, blasphemous program such as Family Guy. If you are a Christian and you watch this show, it is time to truly evaluate how seriously you take God’s Word and your own faith. Pray to God for forgiveness for supporting something that is brazenly attacks His Holy Name. And if you are a Christian parent of a child who watches this show (or you do not know if they do), it is time to engage your children in a loving but Biblical manner and make sure they are not being seduced by such blatantly satanic content.
The good news is that for all of his filthy behavior and mockery of the Christian faith, God loves Seth MacFarlane. And all of the millions of people who laugh at the numerous blasphemies on this show each week. Although they like all people, stand guilty and condemned for their sins, God in His love, sent His Son to die for them. The very same Son of God whom Family Guy repeatedly mocks, came to Earth to take the punishment for those very sins. And it only takes faith in Jesus Christ to be forgiven for one’s sins and have eternal life. Christ came as a suffering servant to pay our price. However upon His return, it will be very different:
And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power; When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day. – 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10.
This is the Christ that will be awaiting Seth MacFarlane and all people on Judgment Day. And there is nothing funny about this. There will be no mocking, jokes or blasphemy when someone is before the throne of Jesus Christ or at His Second Coming. The Devil does not want people to think about Hell and the Lake of Fire but that does not change its reality. Let us hope and pray that MacFarlane and the many people being deluded into cheering for blasphemy will learn this while they still have time to repent.