In the latest stunning sign of the war against the Christian faith in public school classrooms, a North Carolina teacher has been suspended for dividing her classroom by faith to ridicule the children who believed in God. This outrageous, bigoted action serves as just the most recent evidence of the hostility towards Christianity that is being expressed in public schools all over America.
A Middle School Anti-Christian Inquisition
According to reports:
“A North Carolina teacher was suspended for allegedly segregating her students based on their religious beliefs, as well as their stances on abortion and gay marriage, according to a new report.
Julia Lopp, who teaches Spanish at South Johnston High School, first grouped the students based on their religious beliefs, and then questioned them about whether they supported or opposed abortion rights, WTVD reported.
She then she asked them where they stood on LGBTQ rights and beliefs, according to The Johnston County Report.
She’s accused of verbally ridiculing students who said they believed in God, according to the report.
Lopp also allegedly warned her students that if they reported her actions, she would “not recommend them for a job or even entrance to college,” WTVD reported.
As the school district investigated, Lopp, who was hired as a Spanish teacher in August, was suspended with pay, according to the report.
“This is an unfortunate incident and one I wish had not happened,” Superintendent Dr. Jim Causby said in a statement. “It is never appropriate for a teacher to segregate students based on religious, political or personal beliefs. In fact, it is not appropriate for a teacher to even ask a student what their beliefs are.” (source).
The Bible On End Times Persecution
“If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.” – John 15:18-20
The Lord Jesus Christ predicted that Christians will be despised for their faith by the unbelieving world. What Ms. Lopp did is a prime example. As a Spanish teacher, questioning the faith of students, their stance on abortion and LGBT issues is not only unethical, it is completely irrelevant to learning the language of Spanish. Beginning And End has detailed many of the incidents in which teachers either challenged the faith of students, bullied those that expressed Christian views and even promoted Satan. Among the examples:
- An Indiana elementary school teacher sent a letter home to parents ordering them to forbid their kids from discussing God during their free time in her classroom.
- A North Carolina elementary school forced a student to remove the word “God” from a Veterans’ Day poem about her grandfather who served in the Vietnam war. (source).
- A 10-year old elementary student wrote about Jesus for an essay with the open question: “Who do you look up to?” Her teacher not only refused to accept the essay she told the girl the poem could not remain on school property. (source).
- A state college professor in Florida told students to write the name of Jesus on piece of paper and stomp on it as part of a required class assignment. (source).
- A public school Vice Principal in Pennsylvania bullied, cursed and threatened two teenagers on camera because they were holding up signs opposing abortion on a public street corner near his high school. (source).
Be Vigilant And Content For The Faith
“Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.” – Jude 1:3
Christians and parents especially need to be vigilant about the many anti-Christian incidents, assignments and teachings being done in public schools all over the United States and in other countries. Now more than ever, teachers are taking liberty to go well beyond the curriculum, school rules and decency to overtly challenge, discredit and blaspheme the Christian faith. Even if it means suppressing the First Amendment rights kids have in public school to express their religious beliefs at class-appropriate times. Do not take it for granted that you know what your children’s school is or is not doing. Inquire and speak with other Christian parents to stay vigilant. The hearts and minds of our children are at stake.